MICHIGAN RIFLE & PISTOL ASSOCIATION
2021 MICHIGAN AS-ISSUED MILITARY RIFLE STATE CHAMPIONSHIP
Match Location: Monroe Rifle & Pistol Club – 1220 Yensch Rd, Dundee, MI
Match Dates: Saturday April 24, 2021
Match Results: Matches are CMP registered and scores reported at CMP competition tracker @ http://ct.thecmp.org
Registration & Firing: Registration, 0730– 0830. Safety Briefing, 0845. Live fire, 0900
Pre-Registration: No pre-registration available – First come first serve.
Eligibility: Open to U.S. Citizen 12 years of age or older. Must be MRPA member in good standing & Michigan Resident to be named 2021 Michigan As-Issued Military Rifle State Champion.
Entry fees: $20 Adult, $10 Junior (under 21) Per Match - 2 relays will be squadded and a 3rd If necessary. Competitors may shoot twice but may not fire in the same rifle category (no re-entry).
Match Cancellation: If the match must be cancelled due to weather the match will be rescheduled for a later date.
Rules: Match rules per CMP Games Rifle & Pistol Competitions Rulebook 8th edition dated 12/17/2020
- As-Issued Garand Per 4.2.2
- As-Issued 1903 or 1903A3 Springfield Per 4.2.3
- As-Issued Vintage Bolt Rifle per 4.2.4 & 4.2.5
- As-Issued Modern Military Rifle Per 5.2.1, 5.2.2, 5.2.3, 5.2.4
- No Unlimited Garand or Unlimited Modern Military shall participate for awards
Rifle Inspection: Rifles may be inspected and weighed in accordance with the above rules prior to or after firing
Ammunition: Competitors will supply their own ammunition. Any safe factory or reloaded ammunition.
Sling use: Slings shall conform to and be used per 3.3 (3.3.1 – 3.3.6) & 3.6 (3.6.1 – 3.6.6).
Match Conditions: This will be a walk & paste match, competitors will have to walk down range on multiple occasions.
Competitor Supplies: Food & beverages, staplers, staples & pasters. MRPC will supply targets, frames and venue
Alibis: There will be no alibis or extra time given for equipment malfunctions (3.7.9)
Safety: Safety glasses shall be worn per 3.1.2 by any competitor or range official who is forward of the ready line (on the berm)
Course of fire – CMP As-Issued Military Rifle Course A (4.5.1 Table 3)
- A 2 minute pre-prep shall be called prior to beginning any stage of fire.
- Sighting – 8 minutes for 5 sighting shots from any position – Single load only
- Slow fire Prone – 10 shots in 13 minutes – Single load only (combined prep + live fire)
- Rapid fire prone – 10 shots in a time limit of 80 seconds, with reload (from standing) (3 minute prep separate)
- Slow fire standing –10 shots in 13 minutes – Single load only (combined prep + live fire)
- SR target will be used for all stages of fire
Awards: High scoring Michigan Resident (with valid MRPA membership) will be named the 2021 Michigan As-Issued Military Rifle Match State Champion and shall receive an award plaque. Medals will be awarded by MRPA for 1st, 2nd and 3rd places overall (regardless of residency). No competitor may win more than one award.