MICHIGAN RIFLE & PISTOL ASSOCIATION
2021 MICHIGAN REDUCED COURSE HIGH POWER CHAMPIONSHIP
Match Location: Monroe Rifle & Pistol Club – 1220 Yensch Rd, Dundee, MI
Match Dates: Sunday April 25, 2021
Match Results: Matches are CMP registered and scores reported at CMP competition tracker @ http://ct.thecmp.org
Registration & Firing: Registration, 0730– 0830. Safety Briefing, 0845. Live fire, 0900
Pre-Registration: Competitors shall pre-register at MRPA Website (MICHRPA.ORG). Payment must be submitted to guarantee entry
Eligibility: Open to U.S. Citizen 12 years of age or older. Must be MRPA member in good standing & Michigan Resident to be named 2021 Michigan Reduced Course High Power Champion.
Entry fees: $30 Adult, $15 Junior (under 21)
Rules: Match rules per CMP High Power Rifle Competition Rulebook 24th edition dated 12/17/2020
- Service Rifle per 4.1.1, 4.1.3, 4.1.4
- Match Rifle per 4.1.5
Ammunition: Competitors will supply their own ammunition. Any safe factory or reloaded ammunition.
Muzzle Devices: Standard bird cage flash hiders acceptable per rules, no muzzle breaks allowed.
Sling use: Slings shall conform to and be used per 4.4 (4.4.1 – 4.4.6) & 5.1 (5.1.1 – 5.1.3) and 5.8.3.
Match Conditions: This will be a walk & paste match, competitors will have to walk down range on multiple occasions.
Competitor Supplies: Food & beverages, staplers, staples & pasters. MRPC will supply targets, frames and venue
Alibis: There will be no alibis or extra time given for equipment malfunctions (5.2.6)
Safety: Safety glasses shall be worn per 3.6.2 by any competitor or range official who is forward of the ready line (on the berm)
Course of fire – 800 aggregate CMP high power rifle course (5.5, Table 5)
- A 2 minute pre-prep will be given prior to beginning any stage of fire.
- Sighting – 8 minutes for unlimited sighting shots from any position – Single load only
- Slow fire standing – 20 shots in 23 minutes – Single load only (combined prep + live fire)
- Rapid fire sitting – 2 x 10 shot stages in a time limit of 60 seconds, with reload (from position) (3 minute prep separate)
- Rapid fire prone – 2 x 10 shot stages in a time limit of 70 seconds, with reload (from position) (3 minute prep separate)
- Slow fire prone –20 shots in 23 minutes – Single load only (combined prep + live fire)
Target usage – Standard full course targets
- Sighting – SR
- Slow fire standing – SR
- Rapid fire sitting – SR
- Rapid fire prone – SR42
- Slow fire prone – MR52
Awards: High scoring Michigan Resident (with valid MRPA membership) will be named the 2021 Michigan Reduced Course High Power State Champion and shall be awarded an award plaque . Medals will be awarded by MRPA for 1st, 2nd and 3rd places overall (regardless of residency)