1ST ANNUAL - LT. V. KENNETH RUSLING (USMC) MEMORIAL
MICHIGAN / OHIO JOINT CMP AIMR STATE CHAMPIONSHIP
1st Lt. Victor Kenneth Rusling – Born: April 22, 1922 | Died: April 12, 1945 – USMC pilot shot down and crashed into Pacific while flying a sortie in a F4U Corsair as part of VMF-123 from USS Bennington to attack Wan airfield during battle of Okinawa. Listed KIA on April 13, 1945 – body never recovered. Ken is J.Root’s 1st cousin once removed (his father and my grandmother were siblings). This annual match is to honor his service and memory. Semper Fidelis.
When: April 22, 2023
Date & Time: Squadding begins @ 7:00 am, Colors @ 8:30 am, Safety Briefing @ 8:45 am, Firing begins @ 9:00 am.
Location: Monroe Rifle & Pistol Club – 1220 Yensch Rd. Dundee, MI 48131
Cost: $20 Adult (18+), Under 18 Free. Open to all eligible competitors (minimum age is 12)
Match Capacity: Unlimited competitors. We will run until everyone who shows up has fired their match
Re-Entry: No Re-Entry allowable – 1 and done so bring your A game.
Allowable Firearms: Garand, 1903 & 1903A3 Springfield, U.S military rifle and foreign issued rifles Per:
CMP 10th Edition Games Rules dated 1/3/2023
4.2.1 - General As issued Rules
4.2.2 – As-Issued M1 Garand
4.2.3 – As-Issued 1903 & 1903A3 Springfield
4.2.4 - Other As-Issued U.S. Military Rifles
4.2.5 – As-Issued Foreign Military Rifles
NO MODERN MILITARY or UNLIMITED MODERN MILITARY (Including M1A), UNLIMITED GARANDS, M1 CARBINE.
Course of Fire: CMP Course A (30 record shots + 5 sighting shots) – This match MAY utilize Shotmarker Etarget systems.
200 yards on the NRA SR target
- 3 minute prep + 5 minutes for 5 sighting shots + 20 minutes for 20 shots for record Slow prone.
- 3 minute prep + 80 seconds for 10 shots for record, with reload, prone from standing.
- 3 minute prep + 10 minutes for 10 shots for record from standing.
Ammunition: Competitors may use any safe ammunition
Competitor Duties: All competitors will be required to perform score keeper duty
- High Michigan resident, with valid MRPA membership, will be named the 2023 Michigan AIMR State Champion and will be awarded a state champion plaque.
- High Ohio resident, with valid ORPA membership, will be named the 2023 Ohio AIMR State Champion and will be awarded a state champion plaque.
- CMP championship medals will be awarded to the top 3 finishers regardless of membership or residency. CMP Achievement pins will be awarded.
- High overall score, regardless of membership or residency will be awarded the Lt. V. Kenneth Rusling (USMC) Memorial Trophy.
- Trophy must be returned NLT January 1, 2024 to either MRPA or ORPA High Power Director.
All proceeds (after expenses) will be divided 50/50 between MRPA and ORPA to support high power programs for each state.